Volunteer Counsellors for Edinburgh and West Lothian
Are you a qualified counsellor looking to gain experience in issues relating to cancer? Cancer Support Scotland are looking to recruit Volunteer Counsellors to be based in their Outreach Centres in Edinburgh and West Lothian.
We are looking for qualified accredited Counsellors, Counsellors working towards their accreditation or Student Counsellors who have a minimum of 100 face to face counselling client hours.
Cancer Support Scotland offer free Counselling and Complementary Therapy to anyone affected by cancer including family members and carers. Our main centre is based in Gartnavel Campus near The Beatson Cancer Centre in Glasgow’s West End and we have outreach centres in Glasgow, Argyll & Bute and Renfrewshire and now in Edinburgh and West Lothian.
The Outreach centres are based in local libraries alongside the Macmillan Cancer Support Information and Support service. The Counselling will take place in a private room in the Library and we will reimburse all public travel expenses and pay for 1.5 hours of external supervision; however you must have your own insurance. Prior to beginning with us we will request references, provide you with an Induction in Cancer Awareness, a Counselling Induction and pay for your PVG certificate.
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV and do not hesitate to get in touch for an informal chat on: 0141 337 8199 or email email@example.com.
Macmillan Cancer Support and Cancer Support Scotland are working in partnership with Edinburgh and West Lothian Councils to provide Information, Support, Signposting, Counselling services and Mindfulness courses for anyone affected by cancer.
Macmillan @ Edinburgh Libraries Information and Support Service.
- Central Library: Information Point only
- Craigmillar Library: Monday 1-3pm and Thursday 11am-1pm
- Drumbrae Library: Tuesday 11am-1pm and Thursday 12noon-2.30pm
- Leith Library: Wednesday 1pm-3pm and Friday 11am-1pm
- Morningside Library: Tuesday 2pm-4pm and Friday 1pm-3pm
- Portobello Library: Monday 2pm-4pm and Wednesday 2pm-4pm
Contact: Gaynor Bowers, 0131 242 8125 | Mobile: 07894 802557 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancer Support Scotland Services:
Macmillan Cancer Support Information and Support Drop-in Library services can be accessed by anyone affected by cancer. Call 0141 337 8199 / 0800 652 4531 or email@example.com to book appointments. Contact: Claire Garton, Volunteer Service Coordinator Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craigmillar Library, Counselling Service: Thursday 11am-3pm
- Drumbrae Library, Counselling service: Saturday 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Morningside Library: Friday 1pm-3pm (commencing soon)
- Mindfulness Course for cancer patients: Various library locations on 5/2/18-2/4/18, 7/5/18-2/7/18 and 3/9/18-29/10/18