We’re running another 2-day session of Mental Health First Aid Training this month, and there are still a few places left.
If you work for a local voluntary sector health project in the Lothian region, and even if you’re not a member of the Forum, you’re welcome to attend, free of charge.
Full details below – follow the booking link to reserve your place 🙂
Booking your place
Please note that the commitment for this course is 2-days, and attendees must be available for both parts.
Day 1: Thursday 16th March @ 9.30am – 5.00pm
Day 2: Thursday 23rd March @ 9.30am – 5.00pm
Refreshments and lunch will be provided
The following is a brief outline of what is covered on the course:
- guidance on being a Mental Health First Aider
- attitudes to mental health issues
- the recovery message
- the impact of alcohol and drugs on mental health
- introduction to suicide intervention
- listening skills
- understanding depression
- how to offer first aid to someone experiencing depression
- understanding anxiety
- how to offer first aid to someone experiencing anxiety
- understanding psychosis
- how to offer first aid to someone experiencing a psychotic episode.