Mitra Rostami of Bright Choices has kindly offered Lothian Community Health Initiative Forum members a short session on honour-based violence.
The training will include information on:
- What is Honour Based Violence and Abuse?
- Forms of honour based violence and oppression
- Definition of Forced Marriage
- What is ‘FGM’?
- HBV in line with GIRFEC and Child Protection legislation
By the end of the session participants will:
- Be able to identify Honour Based Violence and Oppression
- Feel more confident in recognising the risk of forced marriage and female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Expand their understanding of HBV and how to support young people at risk
- Develop the skills and knowledge to report HBV appropriately
- SACRO, 29 Albany Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3QN
Open to all workers and volunteers…